why thermal spray
Sprayed coatings often outwear new parts two to three times and repairs generally cost less than replacing new parts. Thermal Spraying does not produce distortion or affect temper of heat treated parts and turn-around time can be as low as several hours!
Why Choose APPI Thermal Spray Processes?
- APPI’s coating processes are all NADCAP accredited.
- APPI has more than 35 years of experience in the thermal spray processes and has the ability to apply, test, and evaluate most types of thermal spray coatings while adhering to high quality standards.
- Rapid delivery is our strong point with parts usually being received, sprayed, and shipped within a few days.
- APPI is committed to supplying a high quality product, on time, to the requirements of its customer.
- We are dedicated to helping you solve your needs and in saving you time and money.
Aircraft Precision’s thermal spray equipment and facilities include 3 thermal spray booths, 2 robotic cells, 2 plasma systems, 2 combustion powder, 2 combustion wire, and 1 HVOF. Our experienced staff uses this equipment to provide consistent and high quality coatings.
In conjunction with our coating facilities, we have a full in-house NADCAP accredited, metallographic and mechanical testing lab for coating evaluation.
Our Metco Advanced Thermal Coating System (A.T.C.S.) is a computer controlled system which provides precise control and monitoring of the plasma spray process. The A.T.C.S. system, together with the A.R. 1000 robot, insures consistent and high quality coatings from part to part and batch to batch.
APPI’s coating processes are all NADCAP accredited.
Coatings we have experience with include:
- Nickel / Graphite Composites
- Nickel Chromium / Aluminum Composite
- Sintered Tungsten Carbide / Cobalt
- Aluminum Oxide
- Nickel / Aluminum composite
- Copper-Zinc-Silver brazing alloy